Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas and our Telluride vacation

Mark and I had a great Christmas but Charlie is not so sure he's a fan. Poor guy had a 103 fever, ear ache and started to get his first tooth! Hopefully next year he'll be feeling better and get to enjoy the holidays.

We spent Christmas eve with all of my Galveston family and had a blast! We were very sad Mimi was not feeling well enough to join in the celebration but I got to go see her and give her the photo book Kristen and I made for her. Feel better MIMI!!!
Poor Charlie was not feeling well but he handled all of the traveling like a champ. We spent Christmas morning with Mark's family and they spoiled us rotten. We opened stockings at Grammy and Papaw's condo and ate my favorite breakfast I look forward to every year. Then we went over to Kelly's house for presents under the tree. I love Christmas with Mark's family!!

At about 1:30 we left Galveston to head to Houston to celebrate Christmas with my family. Charlie was really not feeling well by this point so I didn't take as many pictures but it was a wonderful time. I love seeing Will and Lauren so happy! Jay brought his girlfriend Jennifer to Christmas dinner and she survived her first Mullen Christmas.




That night was one of the worst nights I can remember. Charlie's fever spiked and Mark and I were up all night. We were able to get it down from 103 to 100 in about 30 min but I was pretty freaked out! Poor baby and poor Mark and I! Though I must say for our child's first illness we handled it pretty great.
We were not able to go home until Sunday because of Charlie's sickness but it all worked out well. Charlie was able to see his God mother Eve.

We went to the Dr on Monday to find out Charlie had a double ear infection but we got some medicine and in a few days he was fine.



On Dec. 30 we left for Telluride Co. to go stay with our good friends Laine and Duncan. We had a rough time getting there because of a snow storm but Charlie was AMAZING! He never really cried on the plane or in the car. Mark went skiing for 2 of the days we were there and Charlie and I played with Laine. We had so much fun! One night we were able to get a babysitter and went out to dinner and then to a bar. It was great to get out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment