Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Charlie's playroom


So last week Mark and I decided that if no one is going to buy our house we had to make it more child friendly so we began the task of turning our guest room into a playroom. It cost me all of my Christmas money (thanks Emma, Pop, Grammy and Papaw) to get it perfect. The past weekend was a bit stressful but we got it looking VERY nice. I have to say Kristen inspired this endeavour by giving us an amazing hand painted bulletin board(she did herself) and we needed a place to hang it... so we created a new room for it!!! We moved all of my furniture out of the room and moved Mark's old bed in so if we have house guest we at least have a place for them to sleep. Though we do realize by adding this playroom we basically put an end to house guest until we move but we still have the lake house for friends and family to stay so we don't feel to guilty. We left the desk and computer and it all fits perfectly.

This picture is not of the new playroom but I had to show the new artwork we got to hang over Charlie's bed.

The bulletin board that started it all!



Charlie enjoying his new playroom! He loves it!

We are still waiting for a few green canvas bags for the shelf but the should be in shortly.



We also are having some of our furniture recovered to make the living room look refreshed! Poor Mark told me yesterday that he was done with home improvement projects for a while but I still have a few more ideas!!!

On another note I felt like I must share a revaluation I had yesterday while we were at the Dr's office getting Charlie's flu shots. Mark has not missed one Dr's appointment since I found out I was pregnant. He went to every OB appointment and now he goes to everyone of Charlie's appointments. He comes home every time he can to see Charlie and I at lunch! He is an amazing father and husband and we are VERY lucky to have him and we love him VERY much! Sorry to get a bit sentimental but I can't help it! He is going to kill me for posting this!

1 comment: