Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cats

So yesterday Charlie and I saw one of the cats we have been feeding got hit by a car and was in really bad shape so we did some research and found a way to help. We went and picked up traps from the local SPCA that runs a feral cat program. When we went to set the traps this morning both cats were on the porch waiting for their breakfast. We had a bit of unfortunate luck when the first trap sprung and caught the uninjured cat but after an hour and some tireless work we got the injured cat in the second trap. Charlie and I drove them over to the SPCA this morning and they are both going to be treated and neutered/spayed and the injured cat will be treated. I have to go and pick them up this evening unless our hurt cat needs more attention. After we pick them up we will release them back into our neighborhood.

I have pictures but Kristen and Mark told me if NOT to post them since they are really graphic. The cat was hurt VERY badly and we're just keeping our fingers crossed they can save it and not put it down.

Charlie and I feel we have done our good deed for the day and I think we are going to spend the rest of the day in our jammies as a reward. It is cold outside!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment